Arccos Undies - Paper Sewing Pattern
GARMENT SPECIFICS The Arccos Undie is a simple hiphugger style panty. It features forward side seams to showcase contrast fabrics, as well as provide an easy marker to place trims and decorations. The crotch is cut wide to always stay in place, is fully lined and uses a great trick to enclose all the seams. Garment can be entirely constructed with a sewing machine, overlocking machine optional. Techniques required include straight and zig-zag stitches and working with elastic.
SUGGESTED FABRICS Knit fabrics with 50-75% stretch, preferably with a spandex content. Bamboo, Rayon, or blends with Cotton, Lycra, Silk, Spandex, Nylon, Tencel. 100% cotton tends to stretch out quickly.
Measure stretch by marking out 4” of fabric, then gently stretch to max. 1” stretch = 25% : 2” stretch = 50% : 3” stretch = 75% : 4” stretch = 100%
- Course Stretch (Horizontal/Weft) All Sizes 1/3rd yard
- Wale Stretch (Vertical/Warp) All Sizes 1 yard
- Optional, 1/3 yard spandex micro-mesh or other contrast fabric.
- Waistband: 1 yd lingerie or fold over elastic, stretch lace, or stretch trim
- Leg bands: 2 yds lingerie or fold over elastic, stretch lace, or stretch trim
- Ribbon bows, charms, or buttons for center accent.
SIZES This pattern includes sizes XS-0/2 to 2X-20/22
Sophie’s waist is 25”, her hips are 35.5”, and she is 5’10” tall. She is wearing size XS - 0/2 with no modifications.
You may not sell garments made using this pattern.