Axis Tank Design Challenge
This is a downloadable PDF Design Tool.
This Design Challenge features our best selling Axis Tank Sewing Pattern! Design a gorgeous colorblock, pattern hack, or modification to combine your creativity and design sense with the fan favorite Axis Tank to bring us something amazing!
The winner of this Design Challenge will have their design turned into a Limited Edition Sophie Hines Sewing Pattern!
The winner will receive:
- Your design turned into a Limited Edition Sophie Hines Sewing Pattern!
- Your name will appear on the pattern as Sophie Hines x Your Name
- $250 compensation
- Your design available for 1 Year
- A Designer Profile featured on our blog and social media!
Please post your final submissions to Instagram by July 15th. You may enter as many times as you like. Each submission should contain the following:
- Both Design Sheets clearly displaying your garment design.
- Design notes describing your garment and inspiration.
- Tag us, @Sophie_Hines and #SHinesDesignChallenge22
Extra points will be given for:
- Writing further about your inspiration + design process, how you hope the garment will be worn, etc.
- Making your own test toile (not required, must purchase the Axis Tank pattern).
- Photos of your test toile on a model or dress form.
- Notes on specific construction aspects, in the case of pattern hacks and modifications.
Please do not submit your entry as a Reel or Video. These are difficult to keep track of as they don’t show up consistently in hashtags.
Finalist entries will be selected based on the strength of the design as a whole, unique ideas + cohesive fit with the Sophie Hines design aesthetic. Please keep in mind the accessibility and ease of sewing for the average home sewist. Check out our special Design Guide with tips for a successful submission!
The design sheets are available for at-home printing, or import them into your favorite drawing app and save some paper!
The download link will be emailed to you after checkout. It will arrive in a PDF file format. Simply open and print at 100% without scaling. You can download the file up to three (3) times, so make sure you download it on your personal computer and keep it filed in a safe place.
Alternately, you can save the PNG image files straight from this listing!
The Pattern Release Date will be negotiated based on the complexity of the Garment Design and publishing terms. Release Date factors include ease of grading, construction instructions, whether testers are needed in the case of pattern hacks and modifications, etc. Compensation and publishing term are open to negotiation. Sophie Hines, LLC reserves the right to alter your design for ease of construction or to improve fit. The Axis Tank design, instructions, and product remain the property of Sophie Hines, LLC.