Cartesian Crop - Downloadable PDF Sewing Pattern
This is a downloadable PDF Sewing Pattern.
GARMENT SPECIFICS The Cartesian Crop is a lined soft bra that is perfect for lounging, sleep, as a light workout top, or a swimsuit! It features adjustable elastic straps and a slightly lengthened silhouette. View One is a simple one piece tank top, and View Two has added design lines for color blocking or inserting trim. The scoop back fastens with a three hook bra closure, and the wide elastic underbust provides support and extra comfort.
SUGGESTED FABRICS Knit fabrics with 50-75% stretch, preferably with a spandex content. Bamboo, Rayon, or blends with Cotton, Lycra, Silk, Spandex, Nylon, Tencel. 100% cotton tends to stretch out quickly. Measure stretch by marking out 4” of fabric, then gently stretch to max.
- Course Stretch (Horizontal/Weft) All Sizes 1/3rd yard
- Wale Stretch (Vertical/Warp) All Sizes 1/3rd yard
- Optional, 1/3 yard spandex micro-mesh or other contrast lining
- 2 yds fold over or satin strap elastic
- 1 yd firm 1" elastic for underbust
- 2 rings, 2 sliders for straps, width matching strap elastic
- 1 bra hook and eye tab measuring 2 1/4"
- Ribbon bows, charms, or buttons for center accent
SIZES This pattern includes sizes XS-0/2 to 2X-20/22
Sophie’s bust is 32”, underbust is 26”, waist is 25”, and she is 5’10” tall. She is wearing size XS - 0/2 with no modifications.
Pattern download link will be emailed to you after checkout. It will arrive in a ZIP file format. Simply click to unzip, and print at 100% without scaling. You can download the pattern up to three (3) times, so make sure you download it on your personal computer and keep it filed in a safe place!
You may not sell garments made using this pattern.